Monthly Archives: July 2009
Been having some pretty massive workdays lately, so it’s certainly a welcomed thought that I’d be leaving for the UK this Friday. This warrants another trip down memory lane, considering it will be my 3rd time back to the Isles in 3 years.
As someone who enjoys travel photography, this returning-to-somewhere-I-have-been-before challenge is posed to me once again. This year would be full of it as 2009 will be bringing me back to places I love, and will continue to love, again. My 4th trip back to HK this April allowed me to be in touch with myself again, photographically & also challenged me to step out of my comfort zone & favourite haunts, to do the city justice. I am also really looking forward to return to my second home, Melbourne after a 3 year hiatus to host a friend’s wedding & to gallavant with my bestie :)
I suspect I will also pay homage to Jerry Ghionis’ sweet as vintagey studio at Docklands, w00t!
So this 3rd time back to England will pose some interesting challenges for sure. Each time I’ve been back, it’s always for different reasons & this time it’s mostly a family trip for my brother’s graduation.
But back in Jan 2007, I can still vividly remember the eagerness & anticipation of my first time in the UK – I took a month off work to backpack around Europe & my bestie, KerHui was meeting me in London!
Imagine, 2 loud crazy girls traversing the British Isles. I quote a very close friend of ours when he heard that we’re doing it – ‘uh-oh, I hope Robin Hood has earplugs, if not he won’t be getting any sleep!’
- The ladies which caused England to hafta buy earplugs :p
Anyway without further ado, here are some gems from our 2 week gallvanting across UK in 2007. Bear in mind, this trip is pre-DSLR days for me, so all shots were taken with a tiny Canon Ixus 850IS with NO post processing done afterwards. Life was so much simpler back then…. :P
Hope you’d enjoy (re)discovering UK through my 2007, point & shoot lens! It’s immensely difficult to distill 2 weeks worth of journey throughout England, Wales & Scotland & 1000 shots into 20 here :) I’d put the rest up at the photo page later (procrastination princess running low on energy, *beep*)
- The HUGE Eye *blinks*
- Mandatory red telephone booth shot
- Sale at house of expensiveness
- Even the Harrods bear reckon Harrods’ prices are insane
- Turbine Hall of Tate Modern, one of my fave modern art places
- Sundrenched goodness at Borough Market
- Our stop. Also home to the bestest roast duck in London :)
- One of my fave shots ever, Roman Baths at Bath (duh) at dusk
- Quiet alleyway in Edinburgh
- Airy Scottish clothing ;)
- Rare glimpse of blue & rainbow, somewhere in England
- Robin Hood was driving our bus…
- Paying homage at Old Trafford
- Change of guards, winter style
- Blue skies in winter! *hallelujah*